I thought I’d give this fiber combination a try. The purple is “Primrose” a merino/bombyx blend from Chasing Rainbow Dyeworks and the yellow is some of the hand painted merino by Deb Menz.
This combination reminds me of irises, one of my favorite flowers. They are also one of the few flowers that I don’t seem to kill thrive in my yard.
I knitted a sample to get an idea how it might look.
The yellow doesn’t look as drab as in the pics. I think it will make a nice lace scarf.
Dear Miss Alice tagged me with a the “5” questionnaire. So here goes.
What were you doing five years ago? (I’m suprised I remembered that far back)
1. A lot of what I’m doing now, being a stay-at-home mom.
2. Knitting, but I was sewing more, some quilting.
3. Girl Scout troop leader/cookie mom
4. Soccer team manager
5. My last camping trip in a tent (also the last time I will take someone else’s word that it is a good tent and it doesn’t have any holes in it)
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Go to DMV and get the title change on my daughter’s new/used truck.
2. Take son to soccer practice.
3. Clean the screens and windows in my bedroom.
5. Talk to my fiber guru (Pamela) about fiber for sock yarn
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Cheese, lots of varieties
3. Vegetable Spring Rolls (not fried) with a chili dip
4. Good smoked salmon
5. And last but not least, chocolate
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Set up funds for education, health, and economic development for those in need.
2. Pay for all the kids’ education
3. Buy/start a farm with all kinds of sheep, alpacas and any animal that has great fiber. There would also be a nice trout stream nearby.
4. Fund a really big party for family and friends at a different fun location every year.
5. Travel with my DH (first class)
What are five of your bad habits?
1. I procrastinate
2. I tend to over analysis
3. Bit of a pack rat
4. Watch stupid sitcoms when I’m tired and should have gone to bed
5. I don’t put my purse one spot when I get home, so I’m constantly bugging my family with “Where’s my purse?”
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Norfolk, England
2. Princeton, New Jersey
3. Jamesburg, New Jersey
3. Kodiak, Alaska
4. Anchorage, Alaska
What are five jobs you’ve had?
2. Lab tech in a laser research lab
3. Lab tech in materials (for construction) and geotechnical lab
4. Civil Inspector (roads and earthwork)
5. Geographical Information System data base tech
Ta, ta for now, have a good weekend!