I finished knitting the button and arm bands for Rosemarkie.
I tried it on and as I looked in the mirror, traditional costumes of Japan flashed in my brain.
I knew the shoulder were going to be a bit big but…
This is not the fault of the pattern, it has more to do with my hips/shoulders ratio.
So I decided to finish the silk Moonstone that was on my wheel. I also spun some sample baby camel silk blend.
The silk is a 2 ply while the camel/silk is a 3 ply.
Spinning (which is very calming) gave me a chance to contemplate my options for resizing Rosemarkie. I knew frogging (and that word actually stuck in my throat) was not going to be part of the plan.
I dyed some silk hankies (from left to right) Lilac, Fuchsia and Purple. It’s been very gray for the past week so these colours are a pleasant change. I’m going to spin the hankies at the demo in March. For me they are very easy to spin so I’ll be able to talk/answer questions/spin at the same time.
So I came up with Plan B.
I am going to… ahhh… cut new arm holes. To secure the edge since there are no steeks, I will machine sew the salvage.
If anybody has a Plan C, I’m all ears.